My Tiny House

Hannah has got nothing else to do. And so, with this in mind, she blogs.

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Missing Marbles

Not the best of days. Waking up to a sore throat and exploding parents, I ate a late breakfast of instant oatmeal and cold water. The day proceeded with "the talk" revolving around grades, life, and possible distractions. A cruel, cold bath came after, along with the February chills. I drifted through what was left of morning with a little cloud of depression floating above me. At least, until the DCBCYF people came.

We practiced for an upcoming musical, called T.G.I.S. Dancing, songs, acting. By this time my throat was killing me, and the notes Kuya Mark wanted got higher and higher. Voice projection. I was tasked to get Chel's solo for Seasons of Love, since Gabe left and Chel got to take over his song. >.> My skin was burning up for some reason...I passed it off as a reaction to the cold weather.

At around 8:30, Adi and I met to talk over our first ever bible study, which was scheduled for tomorrow. The passage was Nehemiah 13, and was basically about the sinful nature of man. The chapter was stuffed with lessons and little observations, and I'm just glad we were able to meet and weed out the possible nuggets of wisdom from the text. It was fun talking to her again-- the last time we really really hung out was when we were eight and sunday school classmates. And now, we're leading our first bible study. 0_0 Time doth fly.

We ate ice cream after that. Not a smart move for me. I lost both dessert and dinner soon after Adi left, and the thermometer professed me feverish. Runny nose, cough, fever = flu! And so the first illness of the year comes to attack. So now I sit, shivering a little. Erik is telling me to go to sleep, but maybe in a few minutes. Cold air and wet hair do not mix (perhaps it isn't flu but a mere head cold) In any case, today was definitely nice, but not the best of days.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home