My Tiny House

Hannah has got nothing else to do. And so, with this in mind, she blogs.

Sunday, February 18, 2007

black.white

It isn't a new feeling. - Jovi


I nearly dated the prom king.


Feb 17th--

I woke up and found that he messaged me at 4 in the morning that today was prom. (I do believe his excitement > mine) Alright. I still had a mask to cram and several minor preparations to undertake before the actual thing, and since the mask wasn't what I expected, there was a bit of panic=mindblank=chaos going on in my head.


So we went to the mall. My sisters and my dad watched the All-breed dog show while mom and I hunted for a pretty shawl. We finished late, and the backs of my ankles were scarred because of those evile new shoes I thought would be comfortable. I ran into Jovi (actually, he poked me on the escalator), who went shopping for a corsage for Karizz. Home, after. I took a bath, dried up, and we hauled off to the salon.

I was curlified there. And we finished quite late. In a minor state of panic (again), mother drove home and I dressed up, while little sisters and their friend gawked at my hair. And dress.

Pat: You look like your drawing!

I'm not sure if that was a compliment on her part, but there wasn't time to think of that. My main concern was to get to Edsa Shang before the traffic ate up the car. Unfortunately, dad was in the mood for siblingly pictorials. So fine. Pose. Smile. Glare and scurry away in heels when it was over. I got into the car, and then mom began doing her last-minute mom things. Sit properly. Did you drink water? Eat cookies. Okay. Okay. Gaaaah.

Traffic. I couldn't lean back on the seat or touch my hair. The opportunity cost of being curly. It was a dull and anxious two hour trip. But at least I arrived.

"I'll pick you up later?"

"Yeah. Bye dad!"

"Have fun."

*click*

Okay. Look for the boy in the white suit. He wasn't outside. Ohwait, there he was. I waited for a bunch of little children to exit, and then stepped into the lobby. Erik looked unusually pretty . He looked at the mask I was holding.

"Ok na yan." I nodded, and he told me to wait. I saw Brr (mark jason) and AJ and Pabs and people, and they took pictures. Hurrah. Going over to where my date was, I put my mask down, and realized that a couple of rhinestones had fallen off. Crap. Erik held up a glittery silver and black mask. Yay.

We saw Jamie and her mom on the way down to the ballrooms. Said hi to people, and registered. It was time to go inside. Table 15. Messina. I do believe we crossed the room thrice to find it. The Muon table. Well, muon + vladybaby extension + Mr. Gallego. Kisses were scattered all over the centerpiece. Llyza was there, along with Chrissy, Maudrik, Cyrus, Sir Vlad and Ziella. And Ziella's dress. Was purple and feathery and lovely. So even though I was basically an hour late, things were looking up. =)

Sir Martin and Pretty Female Teacher were our emcees. The set-up was quite nice, with a giant white mask amidst red draperies at the back of the stage. Erik went off to get his solo shots, and I sat with the Muon people and looked around. James got to do his Prince of India thing. With hat and white gloves. *applause* I spotted Paola and Celine (who, quite suspiciously, was seated by Junnius) and Vincent and Mark and-- ohhhh. Lithium.

Jira looked like a disney princess. And Apple was erik's real date. ;P

We ate dinner. Llyz and I should've shared a meal with extra rice. Cause I wasn't able to finish, and neither was she. Mushrooms! And an AVP on 07 and 08. Sad and fun and with a lot of...movie clips. It was nice. :D

Right! Voting for King and Queen. So Erik wanted to be king. Fine. I scribbled on the four sheets of paper, voting Zie for Queen. After dinner, we went around and paparazzied and watched the cotillion and the teachers dancing onstage. The usual activities followed. Group pictures outside, and there was a Sampa pic (*GASP*) and Sir Arghs struck a very amusing figure in his silver mask. Erik = camwhore. Seriously.

The dancing followed. I missed the viscomm pic ='( and people kept stepping on me, and I was falling asleep and Joriel asked me what his finger was. Uh. So then Erik wanted to dance with someone and left me with Kuya Ed who left me with Pabs who passed me back to Erik and then I wanted to dance with James, and I did...

And then there was Jovi, Audrik (who wanted Mau so he left me with Janmikes), and Janmikes--we spun around a lot. Till I got extremely dizzy, and he didn't. So he passed me back. Dance. Dance. Dance.

And then it ended. And then we were happy. The end.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Hannah.

Couldn't help but be amused at the "Pretty Female Teacher" thing, hehe. (She's ma'am Rachelle Rodriguez, btw)

I've got a lot of pics on my blog, and more on my photobucket. Just YM me for the PW. ^_^

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home