My Tiny House

Hannah has got nothing else to do. And so, with this in mind, she blogs.

Friday, December 16, 2005

lantern parade.

Yesterday *tred* to be eventful, but needless to say, the attempt was incredibly futile. Well, in terms of enjoyability, that is. Otherwise, yesterday WAS eventful, but I guess I wasn't all that *enthusiastic* about it.

...the Lantern Parade at UP. *sigh* I suppose in recent years the lanterns have been...deteriorating? in quality...last time I attended (about 3-4 years ago) the F.A. had this BEAUTIFUL insect parade...so large and pretty and detailed and cool...and then there was this giant caterpillar lantern, and the whole parade was flowing and wonderful. There was a drumbeat, music, whistles, lights...the works. People just cheered, but some were mesmerized and frozen to the spot.

This year's parade...was...um...a faint cry in comparison to *that* one. Of course, noticeable paraders were the Pep Squad (I actually enjoyed their parade more than the FA's...*sigh*) and yes, the "water element" portion of the FA's parade. (floating balloon jellyfish!) Anyway, to top it all off, there was a nice, short fireworks display at the very end, which had the whole campus paralyzed, faces to the sky, for five minutes.

Oh, and me? Well...I jumped of an 8-foot ledge and landed in the mud (I didn't want to climb down...for some reason..height fear!! dundun) and well, luckily I wasn't muddied at all (save for my pants) and then left Mithi with the pisay people...and then walked around UP looking for KJ..(palma hall...vinzons hall...uh...what?) and then that was it. I never did get to see KJ though. :P Huh. There's always next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home