My Tiny House

Hannah has got nothing else to do. And so, with this in mind, she blogs.

Monday, February 19, 2007

Yellow Rain

We were young and so inspired
We weren't the only ones who thought
We'd change the world
No sun would set without us
No one we knew could ever doubt us

We had our future figured out
We knew a love like ours would always save the day
And that we'd always be ok

But would you know me now
Would you lay me down beside you
Tell me everything I want to hear
Like that was your favorite year



Yeah, rushed ending to the last post. The reason being that i'm in no mood to continue. Let's pull ourselves into the bright, hot air of reality once again. Today is the beginning of the last normal week. I realized that after Physics, and despite the ridicule of the situation, shed a tear. Chest constriction, and I...I didn't know what to feel. Apprehension describes it best. During lunch period, I walked around with James, Cyrus, and Paola (after not finding him. at all.) And we took to the grandstand and watched the yellow flowers fall. The heavy feeling grew.

Goodbye Pisay. Goodbye Physics room. Goodbye table. Goodbye Paola. Goodbye James. Goodbye Jira. Goodbye Sir Palima. Goodbye air. Goodbye field. Goodbye grandstand. Goodbye rocks. Goodbye, high school...

I've stopped convincing myself that I don't belong. It happened at the beginning of senior year, surprisingly. Because for once, I was content. For once, I could smile at school life with a light heart inside me. Looking back on the things that happened, I can say that there isn't a year that compares to the 4th.

In the middle of Sir Sherwin's lecture on differential equations, I practiced a bit of pen twirling, remembering someone who told me that I wasn't from Pisay if I couldn't pen twirl. It is the last week. The last normal, everyday beginning; the end of together. And I couldn't find him. I wanted to tell him that, "Guess what? today is the last normal-ish Monday!" He'd probably answer with "Yup. *insert one digit number* school days na lang eh..." and I'd say, "Yeah. I can't believe we're almost done.."

See? I've to resort to imagining conversation. But there are better things to do. Cheer up, hannah. I'm going to miss a lot of things about Pisay. We're almost there. It's only a matter of waiting.

"Our days are numbered." - James

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home