My Tiny House

Hannah has got nothing else to do. And so, with this in mind, she blogs.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

9 Plays, 5 Days. (part one.)

A review of each play. Hopefully.

TGIS: Thank God It's Sunday

An evangelical musical about the lives of each member of a youth fellowship. Directed by Mark Gicain. There was heartfelt singing and dancing, with music recreated from scratch by the extremely talented Sam Simon. Presented at the SSA Theatre, the musical was a good effort presented by the DCBCYF. Although there were some technical difficulties, everything came off nicely. Sure, a few of us slipped with the lines, but that was it. Not the most extravagant of productions, but it served as a blessing to me, and hopefully, to our audience.

10 Things I Hate About You

A play based on a movie based on a play. The movie starred Heath Ledger and Julia Stiles, with a storyline based on Shakespeare's The Taming of the Shrew. Muon undertook the task of adapting the movie into a play. The lead roles were Jan Mikes as Patrick, Rikka Fernandez as Kat, Liean Eugenio as Bianca, Jerome David as Cameron, and Cyrus Cruz as Joey. And I was the bartender! Yay! (lol) Anyway, all I can say about Vladymuon's last production was that it was simple, clean, and well done. :D Props transitions were ok, acting was ok...It was fun, and everyone was happy. Directed by the multi-awarded Dane Leonardo.

A Midsummer Night's Dream

I wasn't able to watch this one, which was presented by Photon. T.T Jira and I were doing the final paper in the girls' dorm. However, I heard that it was a nice presentation, with beautiful costumes and VERY memorized lines. I wish I'd seen it. Theater Class '06 did it last year; it was very entertainting. One of Shakespeare's more lighthearted works. If only. -_- (I wanted to watch Celine. Or something. >.> *sniffu*)

Love is the Doctor

Directed by the great Ryan Magtibay. This is, by far, the funniest class play I've seen. Well, it is a comedy. Electron, as always, delivers a clean and substantial performance, driven by two amazing (and previously undiscovered) acting talents, Justin Valencia 0_0 and Adelle Santos. They were AMAZING. And very funny. Great acting; and Alba singing was just...ticklish. Wonderfully ticklish. Justin and Adelle were brilliant--other standouts, however, were Robert and the singing Alba. Jason playing the romantic was a novel idea, and at the same time, deliciously ironic. Bravo, Electron. It was short and sweet, leaving you with an apetite for more.

Cyrano de Bergerac:

A *French* play by Graviton. :D Zomg. I'm sorry, I wasn't able to catch this one either. I don't even know the title. 0_0 Cy did the music though, so it must have sounded pretty. =P Yes, I believe in Cy. I admit, it would have been interesting to listen to the soundtrack-- medieval music Cy-style? 0_0 cool.

the next four to follow. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home