My Tiny House

Hannah has got nothing else to do. And so, with this in mind, she blogs.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Oddity

Last night, I dreamt that I was in a bookstore with my family. It looked like Shopwise, but it was a bookstore.
I was looking for the mints. Mint chocolates, mind you. I found my way into the chocolate section, and found the mints, but they were in little books--mostly about love and weddings and stuff. I opened a small purple book and found that there were two purple mints inside.

Abby called me and said that they were leaving. I nodded and moved to the next section, where there were children's books. One book caught my eye. It was big and white and silver, and had an illustration of a woman clad in a blue cloth and white headwrap standing in a river, holding up an animal by its tail. The book's title was "The Fox Murderer" I was intrigued--why would a children's book be called The Fox Murderer? Anyway, I picked up the book, and at the same time, saw the van in at the entrance of the bookstore/Shopwise.

I opened the book anyway. It turns out that the woman on the cover was actually a man. And he did not have black hair, but "diamond" hair (meaning blonde) The man was an ex-convict who stumbled into a river (this part of the dream gets blurry) and was somehow taken into a native-american-eqsue tribe. He lived with them and married and had a daughter; and his wife looked a lot like Queen Gorgo from 300. One day, a caravan came down the river, with an old small man with glasses and white hair wearing a purple wizard's robe driving it. He demanded for the man and told him to do his magic.
He handed the man a thin, dark brown, scared-looking dog and told him to kill it like he did foxes. The whole tribe watched as the man held the dog uncertainly, not knowing what to do.

The book becomes boring and I put it back on the shelf. But I can't help but feel a little disturbed. The van is nowhere to be seen. So i'm left in the bookstore.

MY phone vibrates thrice. Ria and Erik and Jira. I wake up for a few minutes, and then go back to sleep.

No more dreams follow after.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home